We’re looking for another associate veterinarian. Are you passionate about providing the best medical care to pets? Does the thought of working in a fast-paced environment excite you? Do you enjoy learning, educating clients, and laughing throughout your day? Great! We may just have the perfect opportunity for you!
Countryside Veterinary Services has been proudly serving Taylorville, IL and the surrounding areas since 2006. Taylorville is located in the heart of Abraham Lincoln Country and conveniently located 30 miles outside the state capitol, Springfield. Nearby you can enjoy the outdoor activities Lake Taylorville has to offer. Bike, hike, rollerblade, or walk/run the Lincoln Park Trail to see all of Illinois prairie plants and wildlife. Whether it is exploring, shopping, or dining, you’ll be sure to have a day full of activities to enjoy!
Countryside Veterinary Services is a mixed animal practice that provides general care, surgery, and dental care to small animal, large animal, and exotic pets. Our team operates in a fast-paced clinic with numerous opportunities to practice high-quality medicine. We are a group of young doctors who enjoy each other’s company both in and outside of the clinic. We have in house abilities to perform blood work, x-rays, ultrasound, echocardiograms and other laboratory tests, but what sets up apart is our commitment to education and always striving to get better. If you are searching for a place who believes in the value of education, collaboration, and teamwork, then we might be the place for you!
What You’ll Be Working On As An Associate Veterinarian
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Diagnose, treat and manage a variety of animal cases
- Provide education to clients and staff on recommendations and choices in care
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Guide, utilize, and mentor exceptional support staff
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an accredited program required
- Be licensed or able to be licensed in the state of Illinois
- We are a safe place for New Graduates and Recent Graduates to Learn
- Routine surgical and dental experience required
- Highly motivated, with a desire to lead our amazing team
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate compassion for patients and clients
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment
- Be a role model and leader for the community
What’s In It For You
- 4.5-day work week including rotating weekends
- Competitive salary
- Simple IRA with 3% match
- Health Insurance stipend
- Paid Time Off
- CE allowance, plus dedicated days!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics