Veterinary Assistant / Technician / Receptionist
We are seeking an applicant that will excel in our veterinary assistant position. We are looking for an individual who loves both people and animals. Excellent communication skills are required.
- Clean appearance.
- Positive attitude, friendly and above average customer service skills.
- Good at multi-tasking and attentive to Details.
- Able to stand most of the day and move at a fast pace.
- Fast & willing learner (8-week, intense training program).
- Answer phones.
- Schedule appointments.
- Check clients/patients in for appointments/surgeries.
- Check clients/patients out.
- Handle payment/Go over medical instructions with owners (medicines, activity recommendations, recheck appointments, etc).
- Make follow-up phone calls to check on patient.
- Prepare and present price quotes to client.
- Fill prescriptions orders.
- Clean and maintain a spotless work environment.
- File/alphabetize client charts.
- Restore exam rooms in-between appointments.
- Perform basic animal restraint.
- Treat and care for hospitalized patients based on doctor’s instructions.
- Administer both oral and injectable medications.
- Learn, understand, and explain basic medical/surgical procedure.
- Work closely with and assist doctors as needed.
- Kennel duties.
- Basic animal care, let dogs out, provide food/water, clean kennels, clean bowls/dishes and bathe animals.
- Be available to work 7 days a week – Staff members generally work 5 days a week, but we have a rotating schedule.
- Rotate weekend kennel duties and rotate holiday kennel duties.
- Be present at the weekly staff meeting every Tuesday morning at 7am.
- Be available to assist with community events that may be scheduled on nights & weekends.
- Each month you will have the opportunity to earn bonuses based on reaching clinic goals.
- Paid time off after one full year of employment, increases each year.
- Health insurance stipend after one full year of employment, increases each year.
- Simple IRA with 3% match.
- Discounts for your pets.
- Opportunities for growth and learning each day. We are always adding new services and improving upon the ones that we already provide.
- Have your voice heard-we are always open to new perspectives and want to hear your ideas.